I am thinking... that I can't wait for my sister and b-i-l to get here next Monday.
From the learning rooms... God hasn't turned His back on me... I'm worthy of His love.
I am thankful for... the wonderful time I just spent with my buddy Sue and her hubby Doug.
From the kitchen... just nibbled on some left over ribs, and we'll finish them off for dinner tonight with the potato salad and beans!
I am wearing... capris and a yellow tank, and pretty necklace my neighbor Cheryl made for me.
I am reading...The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander for June's book club pick. Thankfully it's less than 300 pages long ;-) and it's not too hard a read.
I am hoping... to get all chores done by the weekend, ready for my guests.
I am creating... a new routine for myself where I spend more time with God. I need Him every day (why do I often think I don't!!!)
I am hearing... yes - still the sounds of construction going on out the back. The bang bang bang of the nail gun as the worker puts on the roof of one of the houses.
Around the house... I feel like there's so much to do, but to be honest there is no point doing some of it because I'd only have to do it all again the day my guests arrive! I'm talking about washing the kitchen floor and vacuuming all the rooms. Those are the chores I will leave now until the BIG day ;-)
One of my favorite things... getting to spend time with such special friends. Oh that it could be every weekend.
A few plans for the rest of the week...cleaning house , and hopefully getting Boo to the groomer!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... well I would have shared a pic of me and Sue, but I actually didn't take any. I told Sue she can just email all the good ones she took to me (and I don't have them yet) ... so in the mean time, here's how the 'farm' is looking today.
(you can visit my blog for more close up pics HERE)
1 comment:
I am SO behind in my blog hopping but wanted to make sure I didn't miss a thing with my pal D! Hope you're having an AMAZING time with your sis & bil :-) I wish I could be there too - it's only 54 degrees at 9am - we are unseasonably cool down here & I am missing that sweet Texas weather... but even more I'm missing my sweet Texas pals!!
Love you & thanks once again for EVERYTHING! xoxo
Post a Comment