Sunday, April 19, 2009

FOR TODAY - April 19th, 2009 2.17pm

Outside my window...bright and sunny, beautiful blue sky and temperature about 73 (supposed to get to 79 today).

I am thinking... I will do my 'daybook' entry a day early today because I plan on being productive tomorrow and want to head straight to the gym after taking Kristen to school

From the learning rooms...it doesn't pay to eat big portions and skip the gym. I've gained 8lbs in the past couple of months and I'm getting sick of it! Time to discipline myself again.

I am thankful for... my home and my family.

From the kitchen...a tuna salad. I just got home from church, Kristen and Jason didn't come so they have already had lunch. I'm making a concerted effort to cut out the carbs this week.

I am wearing... jeans and an orange t-shirt.

I am reading... book 3 of the Twilight Sage - 'Eclipse'

I am hoping...to get motivated and get back to the gym this week. I haven't been in 2 weeks. I make one excuse after the other, and it's gotta stop!

I am creating... still working on getting the guest room finished.

I am hearing... the front door squeak as Kristen comes in and out. I would put oil on the hinges but the squeaking lets me know when she comes in, so I just leave it like that.

Around the house... housework needs doing, but it can wait til tomorrow, cos I like my relaxing Sundays :-)

One of my favorite things... being a SAHM!

A few plans for the rest of the week... get back on track with a healthy diet, getting to the gym and I really need to make an appointment for Boo at the groomers

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...this little guy was on our front window last weekend when I was out planting flowers in the garden. Don't panic 'Nenna' they don't get in the house, and he's really not that big!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like your little friend was just checking out what goes on in the house ;-) Very cute. My Dad gets those at their place in Florida too!

I love that you keep the squeak in your door. My grandparents who I grew up living next door too had a squeaky screen door and I LOVE that sound. It takes me back to happy memories growing up. One day if I ever get my house with a front porch, I want a screen door that squeaks ;-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and your workouts at the gym! I may try and get some walking in this week myself ;-)

Hugs xo

Susan said...

Hi Denise, what a cute picture of your little green visitor. I am visiting Daybooks and getting ready to see Dances. I would love to dance like them. HA!

Mary said...

Hi Den! Looks so pretty in here. I really enjoyed your green friend's photo. I admire your resolve to back off on carbs and up the exercise. I'm doing that this week too. Gotta get back in shape.

Hoping you're having a great week!

Love, Mary