Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FOR TODAY - Tuesday Feb 3rd, 2009

Outside my window... it is bright and sunny. The temp is currently only 41 though, but it is forecast to get as high as 74 today!

I am thinking... that I need to blog more. It's been almost a week already since I blogged at my daily site

I am thankful for... the days we have off school when I don't have to crawl out of bed at 6am (when it's still dark outside!).

From the learning rooms... God knows our needs, and provides for us.

From the kitchen... I wish there was the smell of coffee. There probably is but I can't taste or smell anything because of my stuffed up 'with allergies' nose!

I am wearing...my pj's and dressing gown (or bathrobe as it's called in the US)

I am creating...a lacy shawl. I've just cast on for a lacy shawl, it's the first time I'm trying to knit one!

I am going... to take Kristen to the store later.

I am reading... 'The Almost Moon, by Alice Sebold. My order arrived from Amazon, so I can now get started on this book for book club this month

I am hoping... to clear up the master bedroom today. I finally got the painting finished yesterday but need to do a few 'touch ups'.

I am hearing... Kristen playing on the XBox, sitting on the sofa in front of me.

Around the house... laundry is mounting up, because I've been busy painting.

One of my favorite things... is to taste the food I eat! Amazing how we take that for granted. I feel like I haven't eaten in days because I haven't tasted a thing that's passed my lips in 4 days :-(

A few plans for the rest of the week... no school Mon, Tues, Wed this week. I go to the ENT on Thursday, hoping he gives me a course of steroids to bring my taste back

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

I wish Mary Poppins would come clean my rooms like she does in the movie!!! I've tried snapping my fingers but nothing happens :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

Hi Denise, I need a Mary Poppins too.
I sure hope you can get better soon with your nose. Take care. Hugs

~Pam~ said...

Hi Denise! I need a Mary Poppins too!
Love your entry today. :)

That pic of Colton was taken in December. He was one year old in October. :)

Have a wonderful week.

xoxo

Sue said...

Hey Denise,

I wish you could smell and taste too :-( Hopefully very soon whatever it is in the air that is clogging your sinues will clear out & you can breath free & easy again!

I am envious of your warm weather but I can't be too much so since I did get a little reprieve from the cold in CA last month.

Enjoy your time off with Kiki!

Hugs xo