Monday, February 9, 2009

FOR TODAY - Monday Feb 9th, 2009 - 3.37pm

Outside my window... it is sunny, and it's warm today. Currently 68, although the forecast said it would get as high as 78, but I don't think that is going to happen!

I am thinking... that I need to start prepping dinner.

I am thankful for... the lovely Sunday we had yesterday, went to church and then lunch with my mil (and hubby and daughter)

From the learning rooms... trying to build a better prayer life!

From the kitchen... the sound of Kristen playing on her Nintendo DS!

I am wearing...jeans and a white long sleeve -t-shirt

I am creating... a pair of cabled gloves! (I just can't stop knitting) ;-)

I am going... to help Kristen with her piano practice when I finish this.

I am reading... 'The Almost Moon, by Alice Sebold (still). Finding it rather a slow book so far!

I am hoping... to get back to the gym this week (I did go today, so that's a good start)

I am hearing... my fingers type on the keys, Kristen's 'Playstation' whirring, because she hasn't turned it off!

Around the house... the master bedroom is looking wonderful :-)

One of my favorite things... Indian food!

A few plans for the rest of the week... definitely to go to the gym a few more times. Kristen's school Valentine Party on Friday, which is just for an hour at the end of the school day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

The gloves I started knitting last Friday. It's a complex cable pattern, but I'm really enjoying it. I hope it doesn't take me too long to knit them both, or I may lose interest!

4 comments:

Sue said...

My how your knitting has progressed! I LOVE my scarf and mitts!! I wear them ALL the time ;-)

I had to giggle when I read what you were wearing... that is my daily "uniform" lol I'll be so sad if Eddie Bauer goes bankrupt this year. I may just end up naked!

Have a great day! Love ya xo

Tammy said...

Hi Denise,
I love the picture of your knitting. It looks so professional. I have never tried Indian food, but I really would like to. Sounds like a good date night thing to do. Have a great week. Big hugs!

Honeycombs said...

It sounds a lovely day sis. Love the colour of the wool - it looks a sort of grey/blue on my pc.
Just so you know the pic I shared - Ben was actually smiling. If you say to him 'say cheese' he gives this wallace and gromett type grin bless him, so he was happy honest.
hugs xxx

Judy said...

Hi Denise, I would love to knit, but gave it up after one try at a baby blanket (which my grown son still has). I loved it, but not sure I would remember how. My best friend (British) also loves Indian food - I've never tried it. I do remember it was very big when we lived in England. Have a wonderful day Denise!